Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 4 Fast Train to Tokyo

Mont St Michel - arrived at 6pm after ride on the TGV. There was an apology posted in the train station that because of weather conditions speed would be limited to 220KPH! Everything was closed because it is off season so I went to the Super Market,or, as they say in France, Super Marche, to get a sandwich and a bottle of water, or, as they say in France, un bow tie de low.I was immediately set upon by a group of Japanese tourists who collectively spoke about six words of Engrish. As their guide was back at the hotel, and the clerk spoke only French, I stepped in to help. Later at the hotel they asked me to join them for a drink of beer-yes? wine-yes? So I said yes and got beer and wine. After dinner I went to the bar with two young men who insisted on buying me more beer-yes? and wine-yes? and for a night cap some Johnnie Walkel Bru Raber Scotch-yes? I asked them why they were here and not in PEI looking for Anne or Gleen Grabers and they got very excited. I think I went a little too far when I told them that Lucy Maude Montgomery had been my babysitter, but that was after much beer-yes? and Scotch-yes? I am now known as Moosiesahn and will be the toast of Osaka when they retuen home.

No comments:

Post a Comment