Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 11-12 - Manchester & Liverpool

Visited the Whitworth gallery at Manchester University. Beautiful collection of Turner watercolours, in addition to a Van Gogh and many more...but still no Bidet. Megan Capstick, careful not to hurt my feelings, very politely explained to me that Bidet was not a French Impressionest painter but is a bathroom fixture. Went to the panto last night - Snow White - starring Tina O'Brian ( Sarah Platt from Corrie) and some of the cast of Emmerdale. It was quite an experience with songs, dances, jokes and audience participation.
The Coronation Street set is closed because they are doing a 50th Anniversary special. I tried to get in by saying I was a fan from Canada. The guard asked me if a knew a bloke named Angus Capstick. I said yes but they still woulnn't let me in.
Today I went to Liverpool and had a private tour of everything Beatle curtesy of a company known as Daytrippers. My guide. Ricky Gallagher, was a walking encyclopedia of beatlemania. We visited the childhood homes of the fab four, St Peter's Church where John and Paul first met, Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields and many more. here is a trivia question for Len Fifield if he is following this:
On the Abbey Road album cover, where is the fifth Beetle? Nard, answer this correctly and you will receive a valuable prize at the next rally.
Tonight - bus to Carlisle for Hadrian's Wall
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment