Monday, October 4, 2010

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER

53 days to go.
My itinerary is starting to come together. This thing called the Internet provides me the opportunity to book travel and accomodations from the comfort of my home. I hope it catches on.
My schedule has me arriving in London on Saturday, November 28. I take the Eurostar that afternoon and arrive in Lille, France in the early evening. I will spend two days there and will get to Vimy Ridge.
On the 30th I board the TGV for Mont St Michel. Spend a few days there then the train to Cherbourg for a cruise to Ireland aboard the Irish ferry, Oscar Wilde ( how delightfully ironic) It is an overnight journey, arriving in Rossale, Ireland mid-afternoon December 3. My only fear is that the ship will sink and the headline in the Cape Breton Post will read MUISE GOES DOWN ON OSCAR WILDE. 
From there I plan to go to Dublin, Derry and Belfast before heading to the north of England.
 
Watch for my next post where I try to figure out how to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment