Thursday, September 23, 2010

...continued

The idea of going to Europe arose again in 1971 as we were about to graduate from Mt Allison University. Len Fifield and I were going to go parading ( a John Lennon term Nard was fond of using) around Europe but I again opted out, chosing instead to go to Law School. Many years would pass before I made it to Europe. I did make a couple of trips to England and got to Scotland, The Netherlands,Denmark and Norway on business, but never did get to do much "parading."
So, come late November, I will get a taste of the backpacking experience as I plan to visit London, northern England, Ireland, France and Belgium, returning to London in mid December to meet up with Deborah. We them embark on a month long bus tour of the capitals of Europe. We will spend Christmas in Rome and New Year's in Athens with stops in Paris, Amsterdam, Vienna, Pompeii, and many other sites. We will be back home in mid January.
Posted by Picasa,

1 comment:

  1. Hey Moose,
    HAPPY (61) BIRTHDAY!! 59 sounds ok but turning 60 sounds old doesn't it. When we were going to "the lake" on our bikes, don't think we ever thought we'd be 60 plus.

    This is my first "blog." I have avoided the social media sites up to now but you touched my heart with that "best friend" comment. Oh.. by the way, I still have that beer stein somewhere from Munich. As I recall your brother Mikey or Brian glued it back together for me and I have been dragging it around with me ever since.

    So you will have about 3 weeks on your own before meeting Deborah, followed by a month traveling together. The gods have been good to you both. Enjoy.

    Life is good. I am working but not everyday. Jogging 5.5k every morning. Reading french stuff and other french media as a hobby you might say. Kathy and I going to Quebec tomorrow for 4-5 days. She's still crazy about me.

    Can you send me your home e-mail address. I had some work done on my computer and my addresses got wiped out.

    Give my best to Deb

    Moike

    ReplyDelete